you’ll learn how to:
- Experience a different, more meaningful kind of travel many long for but few find.
- Discover the best places to visit and how to find hidden wonder anywhere.
- Turn your trip into a learning laboratory to try out new interests, personas, and travel adventures that go beyond your wildest travel bucket list dreams.
- Pursue unusual quests and ask unexpected questions to connect deeply with locals — even if you’re an introvert.
- Grow your confidence and courage on a trip in safe, fun, and exciting ways whether you travel solo or with others.
Hidden Travel shows you how to experience more such moments anywhere, even at home. While most travel guidebooks reveal sights that matter to others, Hidden Travel teaches you how to find what matters to you, on trips around the world or just around the corner.
It’s about using travel to get enough distance from your ordinary life to realize just how extraordinary it is. In so doing, you’ll also discover more: more meaning, adventure, relationships, purpose, happiness, creativity, fulfillment, joy, or whatever you want more of in your life.
Through stories, insights, research findings, and exercises gleaned from 40 years of travel to over 50 countries.
Whether you’re a beginning traveler or are into adventure travel, family travel, slow travel, sustainable travel or just wanting a better vacation or holiday, this different kind of travel book offers a refreshingly different way to approach travel and life. It’s an inspiring perspective that works for road trips near home, journeys to international destinations, or even when you can’t travel.