- Tips and tricks for photographing in low light. The tips include information on the importance of selecting ISO and using a tripod to reduce shaking.
- This comprehensive list breaks down the essential gear you need to make it work.
Night photography and astrophotography can be two subgenres of the landscape. A lot of the reason for this is because:
1. It really is a hard subject to master due to the lack of light.
2. People don’t understand how to go about mastering it.
It’s very technical, math-based, and has a lot of steps. While this can put a lot of people off, I’m here to break it down for you. Planning is absolutely key, and I’ll walk you through every step you need to make your shoot successful.
Here is a preview of what you’ll learn:
- Astrophotography and night photography: I explain the difference; inclusion of landscape along with the sky or without.
- How dark does it need to be? This chapter discusses how to figure out the light pollution in your area and a few tips on how to combat it or use it to your advantage if need be.
- Editing: Night photography has its own kind of retouching that you have to do to get the perfect image, and I break down all the steps and how to make them work for you.